Thursday 16 June 2011

3 unRemarkable self lovey goals - in review

the great response in the comments of my "10 things" post on friday gave me a really good reason to be self lovey this week! thankyou to everyone who came over and said hi. now to take a look at how i've been getting on with my goals.

1} f*$k it! i polished this book off yesterday. i'm writing a proper review which i will share soon, but what i can say now is - read this book! here's how i've been putting this into practice this week. annoying colleague getting me down? "sod it!" i'm not going to let someone who isn't even my friend bother me. hankering after that new bikini for my holiday? "sod it!" the price of swimwear isn't going to break my bank account, and with it i'll enjoy my holiday more. miserable train conductor on my morning commute? "sod it" i flash him as big a smile as i can manage, if that doesn't cheer him up, at least i'm not letting him get me down.

2} positivity list. i've been carrying this list around with me all week. it's good to look at and chose something positive to think about during a quiet moment. it's also fun to doodle on and get those creative juices flowing.

3} sing the sunscreen song.

"maybe you’ll marry, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll have children, maybe you won’t, maybe you’ll divorce at 40, maybe you’ll dance the funky chicken on your 75th wedding anniversary…what ever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either – your choices are half chance, so are everybody else’s."

i'm gonna have that song in my head all day now!

{em} x

No comments:

Post a Comment

thank you for your comment. every single one makes my day.